— Top 10 Dishes & New Openings of January 2016: Whether 100-layer lasagna or 1800’s-style lobster thermidor, here are 10 standout dishes on menus now.
— The 10 Hottest Restaurants in Hawaii: My feature on 10 notable restaurants now in Oahu, Kauai and the Big Island.
— The 10 Hottest Restaurants in Napa: My feature on 10 notable restaurants in Napa County now. Read more →
— The Best of 2015 in Restaurants, Drink, Hotels & Travel: My picks at Food Republic covering the US & internationally.
— Top 10 Cocktails of the Month: From Joe Pesci-themed cocktails to a margarita without tequila, here are the top drinks on menus around the Bay Area this month.
— Welcome to Paradise in Cognac, France: My Tasting Panel article on how key Cognac houses differentiate their brandies and other facts learned during my adventures in Cognac. Read more →
— 10 Most Important Bay Area Restaurant Openings of 2015: My top 10 of the year – and key honorable mentions.
— 8 NYC Newcomers: Cheap eats (sausages, grilled cheese, bakery, Japanese) to dining (New Zealand, upscale Mexican, Acadian, Roman-Italian) highlights around Manhattan. Read more →
— Top 10 Dishes & New Openings of December: Whether herring interpretations that journey across Scandinavia or mom’s coconut mochi, here are 10 standout dishes on menus now.
– Top 10 Cocktails of the Month: From a hot toddy influenced by Thai soup to pork fat-infused mezcal and Cynar, here’s the top drinks on SF menus now.
– Where to Drink in NYC: 10 bar greats & best openings of 2015. Read more →
– Top 3 Dishes & New Openings of the Month: From Italian dishes to Spanish paella, what’s new and delicious in SF now.
– Top 10 Food & Drink Books of 2015: In time for holiday gifts, some of the best cookbooks and cocktail/spirits books released this year.
– 5 Things to Love About Texas Hill Country: Retreating in the Texas countryside with bourbon, wineries, BBQ and German history. Read more →
– Top 6 Cocktails of the Month: From an all sherry cocktail menu to clarified elegance, here’s the best of what I’ve been tasting lately.
– Top 10 Houston Bars
– 10 Top Places to Eat in Houston
— Top 5 Whiskies at Whiskyfest SF 2015 Read more →
– Top 10 Dishes of the Month: The best of SF now, from downright stellar pig’s ears to raw trout tostadas.
– 10 Best Places to Drink in Austin: 7 cocktail havens, new and established, and 3 legendary dives and honky tonks.
– Austin Food Hype: Digging in for the best (and the overhyped) in BBQ, restaurants and ice cream at 14 top spots.
— 6 Top Austin Coffee Shops Read more →
– Top 10 Cocktails of the Month: From curry and Thai coconut lychee milk to rhum agricole apple cider, here are 10 inventively delicious, new cocktails.
– Dallas Rising: 10 reasons to visit the Big D now. Read more →
– Top 10 Dishes & New Openings of the Month: Whether egg ravioli on a burger or Jewish deli-inspired “sushi”, here’s the best of what I’ve been tasting lately.
– My Top 15 Berlin Cocktail Bars: Back to Berlin with 15 top cocktail bar recommends around the city.
– 10 Wines to Drink on Menus Now: Ten standout wines on menus now, ranging from value finds to unique rarities. Read more →
– Top 8 Cocktails of the Month: Whether quinine and pine-laced refreshers or deli-influenced cocktails, here’s the best of what I’ve been tasting lately.
– My Top 10 Meals in Berlin: Back to Berlin for the first time since 1999, here’s what made an impression, from 2 Michelin star Asian-influenced dining to Turkish street food.
– Berlin Coffee & Cafes: The best coffee and cafes in Berlin now.
— Weekending (Affordably) in Big Sur Read more →